Monday, June 22, 2009

Four months ago today


Four months ago today Sage was released from the confines of her motionless body. Her  heart reborn into a little boy and liver into a little girl. It seems only fitting that yesterday was Father's day. I thought of those two fathers looking at their children and I pray that they kissed them an extra kiss just for almost not being able to. My dear husband got a necklace with Sage's name inscribed on it, no baby sweet kisses for him. Watching him cuddle with our older daughter on the couch almost brought me to tears... he is a great dad. I know that had Sage been here for us he would be cuddled with her on his chest and Iris on his lap. All three comfy on the couch...the way it should be. The way it will be someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment