Tuesday, March 2, 2010

...irrational?


So last week was hard on many fronts. Obviously the birthday then 6 days later the angelversary. The nicest thing was that a dear friend sent a flower cake on Sage's birthday, one called, and one Aunt sent the most beautiful cards and another called. The worst thing was that a dear friend sent a flower cake on Sage's birthday, one called, and one Aunt sent the most beautiful cards and another called. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I guess I was hoping that our closer friends and family would acknowledge Sage's existence and short time here on this earth. When I brought it up to my mom she said the standard, "well, people don't know what to say or they don't want to make you upset". Really, how much more upset could I get? Instead of having a first birthday party I am bringing baby blankets to the NICU in honor of my dead daughter. So I have a hard time understanding how a simple "thinking of Sage on her birthday" could make me upset. Can we say hormonal? Ugh.....I need to segregate myself from greater society for a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment